Many home insurance companies prefer that you have a house and pet sitter in your home while you’re away because it makes the house look ‘lived in’.
With many house and pet sitters providing police checks and testimonials from previous positions, you have the peace of mind that they will be trustworthy, but there may be a few added checks you may want to do prior to leaving:
- Inform your insurance company of the period you will be away and mention that you will have a house and pet sitter staying in your home
- Advise neighbours that you will be on holidays and perhaps even introduce them to the house sitter so they recognise the face staying at your house
- Generally, the cost of utilities and internet, etc are covered by the home owner, however on some occasions home owners negotiate a bond with house and pet sitters, that is returned at the completion of the sit Continue reading “Home security during a house and pet sit”
With most Australians bracing for tax increases, tightening of the household budget is sure to follow. So for those of you who don’t want to give up your little luxuries, it could be time to revisit, or start, house and pet sitting to save up.
There are some significant financial benefits to being a house and pet sitter which can save you money in travel, rent and pet care.
- Travel: You can save on accommodation costs by looking for house and pet sitting positions in or close to your holiday destination. You can stay rent free in an established home which you can use as a base to explore the rest of the region. Staying in a ‘home’ rather than a hotel room means that you also have the convenience of a kitchen where you can comfortably make meals rather than spending money and time eating out. Continue reading “House and pet sitting to save”
Just like the human members of the family, our pets require attention and health checkups and sometimes this can lead to spending on veterinary visit, medicines and care.
Here are some tips to save on caring for your pet.
- Coupons and Discounts: Some online retailers offer discounts on pet supplies and food, so it could be worth doing your research online to see which company offers the best deal.
- Pet Insurance: Do your research. There are a variety of pet insurance companies that offer different plans. It is best to research online and then speak to someone to determine which plan best suits you and your pet. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about what is included or excluded in a plan to make sure your pet is covered now and into the future. Continue reading “Saving on pet care”
When a home owner contacts you, you can be sure you are not the only house sitter they have approached. In fact, we know that a home owner in need of a sitter will look at many candidates before making a decision. This means you need to do everything possible to increase your chance of being the one they choose.
We all know of the importance of making a great first impression and for the house sitter, that first impression is your profile page. Continue reading “How to win that House Sitting position”