Caring, Reliable, ResponsibleID: xow
Is / are:
|ACT SA (full regions list)|
26 Jul 13 Aug 28 Aug 10 Sep 3 Oct 10 Oct
More information about this house sitterI enjoy taking care of homes, pets and gardens, in a caring, reliable and respectful manner to suit owner instructions and needs.
My house sitting experience range from urban homes to rural farms, from a few days to several months. My animal care experience includes dogs, cats, horses/donkeys, alpacas, chickens, ducks/geese, fish and reptiles (among many other varieties, and of varying sizes, personalities and needs).
When identified by the owner I will ensure pet training is maintained during the home and pet sit period, or can work on training needs that the owner identifies as necessary (see review for example). I am also comfortable with administering dietary, health and medication required for the well-being of pets in keeping with owner instructions.
With indoor plants or surrounding gardens, I hand-water as instructed or required, and ensure that embedded irrigation drip-systems are running on schedule. I can assist with mowing lawns, raking leaves, harvesting fruits and vegetables, and maintaining bird baths and feeding stations.
Owners will receive regular news about their pets and home, which can include mail collection, rainfall, and creative photos of their pets and gardens (see profile photos for examples).
I am available for home and pet sitting in the southeast, primarily in SA and the ACT. Where possible, I am happy to visit owners to meet and greet, or communicate via Mind-a-Home messages, email and phone.
More broadly, I am a mature-aged academic professional working on book projects (which allows me to work from "home" wherever I am home and pet sitting). I am quiet, clean-living, tidy, organised, enjoy cooking and walking, and a non-smoker.
In addition to the reviews posted on my sitter-profile, please find below feedback I have received from owners I have home and pet sat for (including from owners who have invited me back multiple times to sit for them). I can also provide details of additional referees who can attest to my caring, responsible and reliable approach.
I look forward to hearing from you, and to hopefully looking after your lovely pets, home and garden, with great care, commitment and pleasure, while you enjoy worry-free time away.
- "“Thank you Charles. Your professionalism is very much appreciated. Thank you for being so thorough!" (SA 2020)
- "You are amazing, thank you. I've never come home to my place this clean!!! And the cats have kept their waist and in the best condition they have ever been in after one of my aways." (ACT 2020)
- "Thanks so much for looking after [pet] and the house in our absence. We really appreciated you leaving the house so clean and tidy." (ACT 2020)
- "Thank you Charles for taking such good care of everything. [Pets] were obviously well taken care of." (NSW 2020)
- "Thank you to Charles' skills and vigilance...We think that you are doing very well considering the circumstances and the amount of tasks that we left you." (NSW 2020)
-"“Thank you very much Charles. We truly appreciate that you were here to look after things. The house is very clean and tidy. Given the smoke and the ash, I wasn’t expecting it to be that way! Thank you.” (NSW 2020)
- "Thanks for being there and being prepared [to implement bush fire evacuation and protect or evacuate pets]. We truly appreciate it." (NSW 2019/2020)
- "Everything looks great. I think you leave our house better than when we leave! Thanks again." (ACT 2019, repeat home+pet sitting over recent years)
- "Everything was perfect, wow you did a great job. Thanks so much." (SA 2019)
- “The house was in great order, clean and everything is where it's meant to be, and the cats are happy and obviously well taken care, so thanks again." (SA 2019)
- “We were very pleased to meet you and were impressed with your organised and professional approach to house sitting. Thank you for your efforts” (SA 2019)
- "We were extremely impressed with the way the house was left by you at the end of the house-sit.” (SA 2019)
- “Thank you so much for looking after our house and cat so beautifully. It was so nice to return to our home so clean and tidy…You have done an outstanding job.” (SA 2019)
- “Thank you so much, we felt like the house was so pristine - like moving into a new house!… We were so lucky, you are just amazing!!” (ACT 2019)
- “Many thanks for taking such good care of our house” (ACT 2019)
- “Makes such a difference knowing our [dogs, cat and chickens] are being well cared for at home” (ACT 2019)
- “It's so nice to come home to a clean house and happy dog” (ACT 2019, repeat home+pet sitting over recent years)
- “Fantastic…the house spick and span — much appreciated” (ACT 2019, repeat home+pet sitting)
- “It was so nice coming home to see our elderly dog and the house so well cared for. We really appreciate all you did.” (ACT 2019)
- “Thanks for leaving the house so tidy and for keeping everything [dog and plants] alive and well” (ACT 2018, repeat home+pet sitting over recent years)
- "We have come home to a spotless home with happy, well cared for playful dogs" (ACT 2018, repeat home+pet sitting over recent years)