EDUCATOR WORKING FROM HOMEID: 139g
Is / are:
|26 to 35|
|VIC (full regions list)|
More information about this house sitterHello!
As a lover of all animals, big and small, and a lover of nature, I would love to take care of your lovely, precious pooch or cat.
I am a reliable, non-smoker, professional with a Masters degree in Food Security.
My passions include reading, scuba diving, yoga, running and snowboarding.
In my early 20's I dreamt of being a Vet. I studied Animal Health in my Undergrad Degree at University. I completed internships at 3 Vets, an internship at an Agricultural Animal Health Consultancy firm in Hamilton, Victoria, and worked at a Wildlife Sanctuary on the Mornington Peninsula assisting keepers. Nevertheless, I decided to keep animals as pets, not clients!
These days I am graced with two professions. My main position is as an Environmental Educator for a Local Council. I deliver presentations to the community on topics such as food waste, recycling and composting. I also work for a not-for-profit as a Garden Educator teaching immigrants how to grow their own food in community gardens.
WHY I WANT TO HOUSE SIT
Working a lot from home, I'm craving a pet companion to keep me company. Pats, treats and cuddles would be provided throughout the day, as well as an adventurous walk with your pooch.
WHAT AN AVERAGE DAY WOULD LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR PET:
I am an Environmental Educator for Local Council. Most days I work from home designing education materials. Once or twice a week I will deliver presentations to kinder, primary and high school students. Due to the nature of my work, I am home most days and can provide your pets with lots of company, pats and love.
- I am an active person and like to go on walks/runs several times a wekk, which I would love to take you pooch on. I'm always looking for new spots to adventure to and explore. Your pooch would be a great companion.
- I am a very clean and tidy person. I respect my space. A clean space makes me feel good. As I work a lot from home, a clean space is necessary for a clear, productive mind.
- As a Garden Educator, I have a green thumb and can take great care of your garden
I have completed a Bachelors Degree specialising in Animal Health. I have completed numerous University internships with animals, from working in stockyards handling cattle and sheep, to walking dingos and handling snakes during my internship at a Wildlife Sanctuary.
- I completed internships at 3 Vets and as such, have experience with different breeds of cats and dogs, as well as administering medication.
- An internship at an Agricultural Animal Health Consultancy firm in Hamilton, Victoria
- Assisting keepers at a Wildlife Sanctuary on the Mornington Peninsula
- Last year I was entrusted to walk a beautiful black Lab ongoing, twice weekly, for 9 months. I can supply this reference on request.
- I house sat a lovely Pug for one week in Warrandyte