Highly Experienced Married House SittersID: zbj
Is / are:
|26 to 35|
|Project Manager & Construction Worker|
|SA TAS VIC WA (full regions list)|
14 Aug 16 Aug
More information about this house sitterHi!
We're a couple from Liverpool in the UK (aged 27 and 30) and we're looking to pet and house sit as we travel around Australia. We have lots of experience with dogs particularly, our family have a dachshund called Terry back home and we miss him enormously, so we take any opportunity we can to spend time with animals here in Australia.
We have completed several house sit assignments so far with a few more lined up in various parts of the country. These sits have included:
* Looking after a range of animals, including dogs, cats and alpacas at all stages of their lives (i.e. from pups to older animals)
* Ensuring plenty of exercise is provided to those animals that require it (we love walking and being outdoors so this is something we really enjoy!)
* Being responsible for administering daily medication (including insulin injections as well as oral tablets)
* Looking after a dog with mild aggression issues towards other people and animals
* Managing the daily operations of a large alpaca farm (108 alpacas in total) including checking physical condition, access to food and water and encouraging the use of shelters during periods of harsh weather
* Caring for rescue dogs who are nervous and require lots of love (which we are more than happy to provide!)
We like to ensure that we keep as close to the animals' routine as possible, therefore if your pet likes to snuggle in the bed with humans or has a strict exercise routine or nutrition plan, we will ensure to treat your pet in exactly the same way as you do. We also understand how important it is to keep any training plan in place to avoid any bad habits creeping in whilst you are away. Or if your pet rules the roost and likes to be the boss, we are equally as happy :) We are animal lovers, and most importantly we want you and your pets to feel comfortable while you are on holiday, which means that we keep any changes to a minimum. We find that this works best.
We understand the high level of trust you are placing into us as house sitters, and recognise that there must be a certain level of discomfort with regards to having strangers look after your beloved animals and your home. We send regular updates to home owners via WhatsApp/email, as a minimum every couple of days (if you want us to) so that you can see that your pets are being looked after and your home is as it should be. You can also feel free to send someone you trust to check in with us and the animals while you are away if this appeases any concerns. Previous home owners have said that we have made them feel very comfortable and relaxed which is what we want for you whilst you are on your trip.
Please see a summary of the sits we have completed to date:
* 2 jack russell/King Charles crosses (one required twice daily insulin injections to manage diabetes)
* Labrador (who some aggression issues with other dogs but who was a wonderful dog when properly looked after) and an elderly cat who struggled to digest food so had to be fed little and often
* Large Bull Arab who needed plenty of exercise
* Boisterous staffie and a young mixed breed who were full of energy and mischief, incredibly strong and generally amazing
* Six month old Jack Russell puppy and a shy, timid cat
* Gorgeous black cat who likes human company and lots of cuddles
* 2 older spotless, one who required medication twice daily for thyroid issues, as well as an older cat who stayed outdoors
* 3 weeks looking after a very loving and cute american cocker spaniel
* A sit on a farm on many acres near Gippsland looking after a dog, 3 cats and 108 alpacas (yes.... really!)
We were also trusted to take on daily dog walking responsibilities whilst we lived in Tasmania for a period of 4 months, where we took a gorgeous kelpie out for walks daily (well.... he walked us more than we walked him!).
At home, we often take several dogs out with us at once (our miniature dachshund, his best pal Vinnie the staff and 2 adorable cockapoos Myla and Lola - or spoodles as they are called here in Australia) so can handle more than one pet easily.
We are very respectful towards our environment and can promise to leave your home in as good a condition as it was left. We're super clean and will happily maintain gardens and tend to other chores as required. This is something we have been commended for by other home owners, which you can see in our reviews, Please note that not all of our sits have been arranged through this site, therefore we can provide you with references for all of the sits we have completed which do not appear in the reviews for this site if you would like to see them.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to meet where possible so you can see how we socialise with your pets and ensure that we are suitable for your needs. We have our own vehicle so can around easily.
Thanks for checking us out and have a great trip if you choose another sitter!
Jo & Jack