mature agedID: 14y5
|Gordon and Edith|
Is / are:
|All Australia (full regions list)|
10 Dec 23 Dec
More information about this house sitterWe commenced and embraced housepet sitting in Australia and overseas since November 2016 as a change in lifestyle. Prior to that with pets of our own we had many years of experience with looking our furbabies.
We came over to the eastern states end of Jan 2020, from Perth, WA, for 5mths of housepet sitting but due to Covid-19 all our housepet sits from 23/3-30/6/2020 have been cancelled as were our July to Dec 2020 (overseas, Panama, Sint Maartens (the Carribean) and China) housepet sits so decided to stay over east for the rest of 2020 and until the end of June 2021 (with two housepet sits already organised for 2021)
We are originally from Sydney and also have Edith's elderly parents (91) living in Canberra so another reason for us to stay over east as it is far easier to be able to get to Edith's parents then trying to get over from Perth. To date we have successfully secured housepet sits that takes us to 16 Jan 2021 with a couple of gaps to fill
Following is more information, backgound and details of our housepet sitting experiences, which we feel speak for themselves. Edith has her TAFE Cert , Pet Grooming.
NOTE: for piece of mind for everyone, we both got tested for Covid19, both tested negative for Covid19.
We are a couple of varying backgrounds, both Australian citizens) , Edith (Dutch Indonesian background) now retired from the corporate world , enjoying her creative side with sewing/knitting/crochet/crafts and co managing their online businesses , (working from home) , and Gordon (Australian) (background as tennis coach , using those skills and his passion to develop and run an online kids tennis program to get young kids outside, active and off their digital pacifiers. Edith also still manages for a couple of owners, furnished accommodation in Perth, online , getting bookings and coordinating cleaners , maintenance with our son on the ground in Perth if anything needs attention in person. We used to have 24 houses of our own providing furnished short term accommodation in the northern suburbs of Perth.
We have been house and pet sitting since 29/11/2016 and been booked back to back with forward bookings to 11/6/2021, in Australia and overseas, plus have previous experience as pet owners ourselves of dogs and cats .
When we commenced housepet sits, our two family Staffie crosses continued to live with our son. We commenced housepet sitting in Perth WA Australia , our hometown and have over the last 3 years completed numerous Perth / outside metropolitan Perth/WA housepet sits and in 2019 commenced interstate housepet sits (Canberra) and completed our first overseas housepet sit in Singapore.
We have embraced house and pet sitting as a change in lifestyle and as a forerunner to when we started travelling interstate/intrastate and overseas , whilst at the same time enjoying what we love, looking after and spending time with your pets and maintenance of your property.
We both work for ourselves in home based/internet businesses and thus, always around to give your furbabies lots of attention and love and pay games and walks.
Edith's nickname is 'The Dog Whisperer" .......probably added to by Edith's popular doggy carrot and peanut butter muffin treats she bakes whilst doing the housepet sit.
Edith also has her TAFE Certificate in Pet Grooming.
We have digital businesses which we can run from anywhere in the world . One of our businesses is short term furnished accommodation, so well experienced in the maintenance of properties both inside and outside which includes the maintenance of pools and sometimes large acreages/grounds/gardens and lawns and looking after bookings .
Our other business is an online DIY Kids Tennis Programs (for the 3-6 year old age groups, motor skill development) and getting children interested in physical activity and away from their digital pacifiers.
Following is a summary of our experience and our forward bookings of housepet sits to date.
1. 29/11 t- 31/12/2017 , Englinton WA, 2 dogs, Pepper-St Bernard , Newfoundlander, Oscar, cat, Tigr, rabbit (Rabbit) , galah , George and a fish. Contact Emma:
2. 31/12/2016 to 27/1/2017, Bassendean WA, 5 chickens and a pond of fish, happy to give a verbal reference. Contact: Robyn:
3. 26/1 to 19/2/2017 and 1/8-15/8/2017, Karrinyup WA, 2 dogs, Pomeranian , Jack and Border Collie, Rufus (have a written reference ), they have now moved to Canada
4. 17/1 to 8/3/2017, Banksia Grove WA, an older 14yr dog, St Bernards x, Sy. needing daily tablets medication. Contact: Lynne
5. 8/3 to 21/3/2017, Carlisle WA, 3yr old energetic black Labrador, Max. written reference, contact : Judy
6. 21/3 to 1/9/2017, The Vines WA, no pets 2acres of property to maintain, large house and pool, again this year 6/5 to 8/9/2018 , 17/12/18-10/1/2019 and 8/5-11/9/2019. Michael and Jilly have returned to the UK so will not be requiring us for housepet sits in the winter time of the year.
7. 2/9 to 20/10/10/2017 , Caversham WA, 2 older dogs, Ella and Ben, Contact Terry McColl Both dogs needed daily medication with Ella having dementia.
8. 27/10 to 10/11/2017, Wanneroo, 2 x 3year old dogs, Duke and Sheera, contact : Rachalle
9. 10/11 to 4/12/2017, Ellenbrook, 1year old dog Richie, contact Sarah
10. 9/12 to 19/12/2017, Sth Yunderup, small dog, Jazz, contact Marie and Ray
11. 8/1 to 22/1/2018, Madelay WA ,black very energetic labrador, Leeroy, contact Natasha and Gordon
12. 22/9/2017, 23/1 to 22/2/2018 and 20/3 to 23/3/2018, 20-28/10/2018 and 3/11/2018 and 15/4-16/5/2019, 22/8-28/8/2019, 17/9/2019 and 3/12/19-10/1/2020, Port Kennedy WA, house and pool maintenance, 2 spoodle dogs Tia and Ted, contact Debbie:
13. 20/9-10/12/2018, 3month housesit only, with gardens and pool maintenance, in Dawesville (contact Heather and Bob Guthrie for a reference on
14. 8/12/18-8/1/2019, Ellenbrook WA, house and pet sit, Staffie , Lily, and cat, Bentley, contact no: Lisa: (written reference )
15. 8/1-16/1/2019 and 4/2-26/2/2019, Mahogney Creek WA, 5acres , large house with pool, dog Mallee , 2 cats Puds and Millie, 4 ducks , 7 chickens, large outdoor fish pond and large indoor aquarium, contact Silvana on
16. 16/1-25/1/2019 , Dawesville WA, 2 cats Hamish and Max, 2 chickens and an indoor marine aquarium contact Julie Reading
17) 25/1-2/2/2019 - Munster - 2 large dogs, Max and Taz., contact Kirsten Smith :
18) 7/3 - 11/3/2019 and again 3/10-20/10/2019, Anna and Colin Seanager , Red Hill ACT, 2 dachshunds , Kaiser and Brutus and cat, Mandrake, contact Anna
20) 10/3 - 14/3/2019 Dunlop ACT , 2 small dogs, Toby and Jazz. Contact Rachael:
21) 22/3 to 2/4/2019, Gerolup WA (near Bunbury) Nicky and Craig, 2 large dogs Milo and Coco (brown Labrador and labroodle, 5acres and house and pool to maintain: Nicky McManus:
22) 10/4 to 24/4/2019 - Trish Keever , Two Rocks WA - 2 dogs, Snoop and Moon, house with pool and small garden to maintain. Trish:
23) 27/5-14/6/2019, Waramanga ACT, Salli, 3 dogs, Lucy (19 yrs, blind, deaf and slight dementia), Bear (13yrs and diabetic) and Ernie (10yrs), all requiring daily medication. Edith only did housepet sit. Contact Salli:
24) 8/5 to 11/9/2019, The Vines housesit, as per 6) above, annual 4mth housesit for last 3 years.
25) 20/7 to 28/7/2019, Dawesville, housepet sit, Marley large dog (some medication re his eyes) and 7 chickens, including special attention to 2 being chicks only, fish in outdoor pond. Contact Juliet:
26) 10/9 to 22/9/2019 , Paula and Karel, Dudley Park WA , house on the canals, black 6yr old labrador , Lewis. Paula's contact no:
27) 21/9-2/10/2019, Di and John, Dawesville, dog and fish, pool and property maintenance. Contact: Di and John:
28) Red Hill ACT , 2/10-21/10/2019, as per housepet sit in (18) above, 2 dachunds and a cat.
29) 1/11-16/11/2019, Baldivis WA, Donna, housesit only, house, pool and gardens to maintain. Contact Donna:
30) 10/11-27/11/2019, Lowden WA, Linda and Barry, dog and cat and chickens and guinea pigs on 137 acre property. Contact: Linda
31) 28/11-3/12/2019, Singapore, Fran and Ollie, looking after Bengal cat , Marilyn. Contact Fran:
32) 3/12/19- 7/1/2020, Port Kennedy, Debbie and Dave, as per (12) details above.
33) 7-9/1/2020 and 17-20/1/2020, City Beach, Adam and Georga, 2 staffies , Rex and Chelsea. Contact Adam: and Georgia:
34) 9/1-17/1/2020, Port Kennedy, Dave and Debbie as above in (32) and (12), 2 spoodles Ted & Tia.
35) 31/1-9/2/2020, Echuca, Victoria, Julie, 37 acreas and house to maintain, 2 dogs and chickens. Contact : Julie Smith:
36) Fraser, ACT, 14/2-27/2/2020 , Henry and Liz, one dog, corgi, Huw and 4 chickens,plus pool, garden and house maintenance. Contact : Liz and Henry Hilhorst:
37) Kambah ACT, 26/2 to 8/3/2020, Housepet sit, cat and staffie.Contact Annie Schofield:
38) 12/3-23/3/2020, Seven Hills, Sydney,NSW, Yvette Tosio, 15mth Staffi , Kaia and 3 cats. Contant Yvette:
38A) 22/4-8/7/2020, Shepparton Vic, looking after two elderly rescue camp dogs, Gizzy (13yrs) and Hazel (11yrs), Contact: Shery and Gerry Wilson,written reference attached.
39) Warramanga ACT, Salli as per (23) above, 23/3 to 1/4/2020
40) Kambah ACT, 1/4-21/4/2020 , Betty and David Edwards, 2 golden retrievers, Bonnie and Clyde, house, pool and gardens to maintain ; Contact:
41(22/4-22/5/2020, Berry NSW, Ros and Robin, 4 toy poodles on 50 acre property. Contact Ros Brooks:
42) Sommerville, Mornington Peninsula, 24/5-7/6/2020 Contact Denise:
43) 9/7 to 3/9/2020 - Julie and Philip Pearce, acreage and looking after 2 cats, Mata Oscura, Panama.
44) 15/9 to 20/11/2020 , Tobago Island, Panama.
45) 17/12/20 - 9/1/2021, Yichang , China, looking after a small dog.
COMPLETED AND FORWARD BOOKINGS/SITS
46) 8/7-26/7/20, Woodend, 2 dogs, Charlie and Sammi, 3 sheep, 5 chickens and 2 guinea fowls and various wildlife, Contact : Vicki and Jock Jacobi,
46) 29/7-18/8/2020, Kingaroy, Qld, 2 cats and house/garden maintenance, Contact : Cheryl,
47) 13/8-4/9/2020: Upper Mt Gravatt, Brisbane, dog Flint and cat, Scout, contact : Scott and Aimee:
48) 12/9-19/9/20, Nerang, 2 dogs, Contact Brooke
49) 21/9-26/9/20, Oxley, 1 dog, 2 cats and 2 guinea pigs, Contact : Jodie
50) , 1/10-10/10/2020 , Pacific Pines, Gold Coast, 2 cats, Lemmy and Larry, contact: Danielle
51) 10/10-5/11/2020, Windaroo, Qld, looking after 2 dogs, pool and garden maintenance. Contact: Lynelle
53) 23/12-27/12/20. Brisbane, Qld, looking after 2 dogs and 2 cats , Contact: Sherrell
The next sit Edith will commence and Gordon will finish housepet sit above due to overlap but being in Brisbane , only 30mins drive between the two sits, as a couple able to do that.
54) 26/12/20-9/1/21 , North Lakes, Brisbane, looking after 2 dogs and 2 cats, pool and garden maintenance. Contact: Bev and Don
55) 9/1-16/1/21, Narangba, 2 dogs, Contact: Sarah.
56) 14/2-12/3/2021, acreage, Maryborough, Qld , looking after 1 dog, Davida, some garden maintenance,Contact: Heather and Paul
Note; Edith also has her Pet Grooming TAFE Cert.