Peace of mind when you travelID: 23o
|46 to 55|
|Teacher - Special Education|
|NSW (full regions list)|
More information about this house sitter
Do you like travelling without the added expense of kennels, catteries, etc.?
Look no further! I want you to enjoy peace of mind, caring for your home and pets while you are away.
BACKGROUND & REFERENCES
I am a caring house-sitter who:
- has managed 35 homes with pets – furry, feathered and finned - including those needing medication and special diets, some with repeat bookings (more details below)
- has managed 3 hobby farms (Junee NSW, Don Valley VIC and Huon Valley TAS) with dogs, chickens, sheep and vegetable gardens
- manages domestic tasks including house-cleaning, watering, lawn mowing, weeding and mail collection (with redirection upon request)
- neither smokes nor drinks alcoholic beverages
- has reliable car transport
- provides transport to/from the airport, railway station or coach terminal
- maintains contact with homeowners on their travels by telephone, email or Skype
- has 10 referees, 4 house-sit appreciations, 1 homeowner review and a Police clearance
- enjoys meeting new people and exploring new territory
I have a special affection for cats and dogs, but love all pets. I offer personal care including:
- walks (dogs generally, although occasionally cats are walked with a lead, particularly those in enclosures)
- personal attention - cuddles, massages, soothing words, etc.
- transport (e.g. to/from vet)
- special needs (e.g. medication, diet).
As a (former) pet owner, I have loved and cared for:
- an American Staffordshire dog and ginger cat near Wyong, NSW Central Coast (April 2022)
- a Burmese cat at Kincumber, NSW Central Coast (July 2020)
- 2 Border Collies and 1 cocker-spaniel at Terrigal, NSW Central Coast (January 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021 and 2022)
- a white Labradoodle in Ryde, Sydney (Christmas 2018 - New Year 2019)
- a German Shepherd, ginger cat and chicken on a bush property outside Goulburn NSW Southern Highlands (November 2018)
- an Australian Terrier in Moss Vale, NSW Southern Highlands (August - October 2018)
- a hobby farm in Junee NSW with 12 show dogs (Fox and Tenterfield Terriers), 9 sheep and 30 chooks for 3 months
- 2 timid cats (though friendly after some time) at Saratoga NSW Central Coast
- 1 tabby/white cat at Narrabeen, the same home where 2 older brother and sister cats previously lived - twice (3 months total) - see below
- 1 Beagle at Kincumber NSW Central Coast (July 2017)
- 2 spoodles - brother and sister - Kincumber (March 2017)
- 2 small poodles - male and female - Woy Woy, NSW Central Coast (twice - July 2016 & February 2017)
- 1 cavoodle (female) at Saratoga, NSW Central Coast – 2 weeks
- 2 small chihuahua dogs – male (cross-breed) and female – at Gosford, NSW Central Coast - 5 weeks
- home with 5 goldfish at Saratoga, NSW Central Coast – 2 ½ months
- 1 boxer dog at Gosford 5 weeks over Christmas & New Year
- 2 small dogs, 1 cat and an aviary at Kellyville, Western Sydney – 11 days
- 2 Maltese Terrier dogs and a (timid) cat at Empire Bay, NSW Central Coast – 6 weeks
- 2 chooks, 2 goldfish and a parrot (very sociable) at Saratoga, NSW Central Coast
- 1 half-Persian male cat at Kelso, Tasmania – 3 weeks
- 1 Staffy (9-year old female) in Bendigo, Victoria – 6 weeks
- 1 Staffy (3-year old male) in Surrey Hills, Melbourne – 1 month
- 4 rescued cats at Yarrawonga - NSW/Victoria border (3 times) – 7 weeks total
- 3 dogs, 1 cat and 6 chooks at Blackburn, Melbourne (twice) – 4 weeks total
- 2 Beagliers (Beagle cross Cocker-Spaniel) dogs in Wantirna, Melbourne – 1 month
- 2 cats and 1 dog in Ringwood, Melbourne – 2 weeks
- 1 Persian cat on Sydney’s Northern Beaches – 2 weeks
- a Labrador, tabby cat, cockatoo, canary and 2 sheep on a property at Serpentine, near Bendigo, Victoria – 2 weeks
- a bull-terrier cross mastiff dog (10 years old), 13 chooks, 2 horses and a vegetable plantation on an acreage at Don Valley, Victoria – 2 weeks
- 2 dogs - Maltese and Chihuahua at Cygnet, Tasmania – 2 weeks
- 2 cats (brother and sister) on Sydney’s Northern Beaches (twice) – 1 month total
- 3 rescue dogs and 2 (caged) birds for 2 weeks at Cygnet, Tasmania – 2 weeks
- 2 German Shepherds, 12 chooks and vegetable plantation on a 5-acre property in the Huon Valley, Tasmania – 5 weeks
- a 12-year old ragdoll cat in Melbourne who needed medication and feeding through a tube – 5 days
- 5 cats, 5 chickens and 1 goose on a riverside property near Beaconsfield, Tasmania - site of the 2006 mining disaster – 6 weeks
- 2 cats in Ulverstone, near Devonport, Tasmania – 4 months.
• I was interviewed on Casey Radio 97.7FM - a community station in Melbourne – for 20 minutes in May 2014 about my house-sitting experiences, highlights, rewards and challenges; I will send this recording as an electronic file or CD on request
• The owners of Jackson the ragdoll cat – needing a house-sitter urgently to administer his medication and food through a special tube – flew me to Melbourne, giving them peace of mind while visiting their family in Mildura during May 2013.
• A testimonial of my house and pet care is available for reading on the Mindahome website
• A farming couple in Don Valley extended their gratitude by writing to Mindahome after entrusting their beloved dog Megs, chickens and horses to my care during their holiday in the Flinders Ranges during November 2013
None – accommodation only
Thank you for your time in reading my introduction.
Forget about paying more for pet care on top of your holiday costs when you travel. When you are ready, just post me a note on this website and we can arrange to meet.
Michael’s House Sitting and Pet Care Read more...