Sonya+Paul-referenced & police checkedID: ar7
Is / are:
|36 to 45|
|Bookkeeper and Accountant - Business Owners|
|NSW QLD (full regions list)|
30 Aug 30 Sep 1 Oct 31 Oct 1 Nov 18 Nov
More InformationHi, Sonya and Paul here - a bit about us: we are 40+ yrs young Australians, police checked, married friendly, trustworthy, non-smoking, professional couple who made the decision to take a trip to London, UK from Australia, (for only what was meant to be 3 months), 18 yrs ago to visit where my father was born and ended up staying. London is such a great base to travel the world. We've lived in a number of cities in the UK and have gone full circle and been back in London, UK for the past 15 1/2 yrs.
We've enjoyed the wonderful opportunities we've come across, grabbed them with both hands, met so many amazing and inspiring people from around the globe and our journey here still continues.
We are both university educated, (Bachelor Teaching - ECE + Grad Dip in ECE) & Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Law & Tax), worked in a number of professions at various levels and made the decision in 2010 to venture down the business owners path and have been working together ever since in our successful and fulfilling Accounting and Bookkeeping business.
We have a range of interests; American sports + NRL, (that's Paul), gym/theatre/bargin hunting/cooking (that's me) and together - movies, days out, museums, reading, eating out, lazy coffee dates and of course travelling the world and spending time with fur babies.
We are both clean and tidy and take pride in keeping our apartment in tip top condition.
Why we want to house sit:
We love fur babies and we love travelling the globe and being a member of Mindahome website allows us this amazing opportunity to combine the both together.
Sadly where we are renting we are unable to have pets and really miss having them as part of our family and being able to look after your extended furry family would bring us both great joy and pleasure. We've always found having animals near by to be very therapeutic and they have that precious ability to bring out the special 'feel good and content' feeling when they are around.
We love to immerse ourselves in the community of the places we visit, slowly taking in and appreciating our new surroundings and love the feeling of being a 'local'.
We have flexibility in when we can be available to house/pet sit as our business and access to reliable and unlimited wifi/technology allows us to be able to do quite a bit of what we do remotely, as and when we choose, so house and pet sitting is ideal for us :-)
What we bring to the assignment / relevant experience:
Over the years we have rented private apartments/houses and also private holiday apartments/houses - preferring their homely feel to that of a hotel. We've house sat for friends and family too.
* 31 Aug - 19th Sept 17 - San Francisco, USA - Hansyn - Shih Tzu Mix
Completed House and Fur baby/babies sits:
* 28-31st July 17 - Farnham,UK, Izzy - Biscon Frise
* 11th-22nd May 17 - Long Beach NY USA, 3 rescue kitties
* 13th - 22nd April 2017 - El Campello/Alicante, Spain (repeat stay), Lottie - Siamese
*7th -28th Mar 17 - San Diego USA (repeat stay), Magee & Blues - Bassett
* 27th Dec 16 - 14th Jan 17 - El Campello/Alicante, Spain (19 days), Lottie - Siamese
* 25-29th Nov 16 - Berlin, Germany (4 1/2 days), Hanya - Chinchilla X Persian
*26 Aug-4 Sept 16 - Toronto, Canada (8 days), Lola, Hawk, Charlie and Willy
*June-July 16- San Diego, USA (3 weeks), Basset Hounds - Magee and Blues.
*1-16 Mar 16 - Wurtulla, Sunshine Coast, Australia (15 days), Pug - Nacho and English Staffy - Dozer
* November 15 (weekend), Geneva (Golden doodle - Jake, Westie - Cookie and a Rescue feline - Margot)
* September 15- San Francisco, USA, ( 11 days) Tula, 10-11 yr old Pug
* July 15 - London, UK - overnight stay (Frank - repeat visit)
* July 15 - Worthing, UK, Weekend stay (Miniature Schnauzers - Henry & Jasper
* June 15 - Chicago, USA, 7-8 days (1 yr old Jack Russell/Fox Terrier cross, Benji, & 10 year old feline, Mason)
* May 15 - London UK - 2-3 day flat/pet sit (Feline - Frank)
* April 15 - Paris France - 5 day house/pet sit (1 Tonkinese -Jeff)
* April 2015 - Stafford UK - 5 day house/pet sit (3 Persians - Amber, Yasmin and Oliver)
* Dec 2014, Monaco, 13 day house/pet sit (2 Tabbys - Rocky & Rambo)
* Nov 2014 Palma, Majorca 3-4 days house/pet sit (2 Rescue Persians - Giz + Cardi)
* Aug-Sept 2014 Brisbane, Australia 3-4 weeks house/pet sit (Rescue Staffy - Koda)
We have wonderful references from our past house + fur baby sits, which we are very happy to provide and can email you contact details or a link to online references. We do become attached to our fur baby friends and love to stay in contact with them and our new found home owner friends. We are looking forward to a couple of repeat house/pet sits in 2017.
We treat every home we stay in with care and respect, ensuring security is a priority and your home is clean and tidy on your return.
If caring for pets is included/ requested during a house sit, it's an added bonus for us both.We understand it can often be stressful for you all when being separated and we will do whatever we can to make the transition as smooth as it possibly can; by following your instructions/tips/routines, spending quality time with your furry family and keeping in touch as often as you'd like via Viber, Whats App, Skype or email to name a few options.
I completed a Diploma Certificate in Animal Care Certified course covering: Cats, Dogs, Birds, Horses, Rabbits, Reptiles & Amphibians, Guinea Pigs, Hamsters and Mice on 8th January 2015.
I grew up on a small property in Queensland, Australia and we had cats, dogs, fish, horses, cows, birds, chickens, hens, roosters, geese and pet frogs, so animal care is second nature to me.
We've both had pets throughout the years and together we had a Chinchillan Persian who was 'our baby'. Jasper ( we are sure he thought he was human :-) ),was well cared for, regularly brushed, taken for daily walks (yes, he came walking with me) and brought great joy to us both.