Collection of data
Most of this website can be viewed without providing any personal information. However registration for an account on this site requires only what is requested in the registration form. You are not required to provide any other information if you do not want to. Please be aware that the user name you choose, the e-mail address you provide and any other information you enter may render you personally identifiable, and may possibly be displayed on this web site intentionally (depending on choices you make during the registration process, or depending on the way in which the site is configured) or unintentionally (subsequent to a successful act of intrusion by a third party). As on many web sites, the site editor may also automatically receive general information that is contained in server log files, such as your IP address, and cookie information.
Use of data
Data may be used to customize and improve your user experience on this site.
Efforts will be made to prevent your data being made available to third parties unless:
- your consent is obtained, such as when you choose to opt-in or opt-out for the sharing of data;
- a service provided on our site requires interaction with a third party, or is provided by a third party, such as an application service provider;
- pursuant to legal action or law enforcement;
- it is found that your use of this site violates this site’s policy, terms of service, or other usage guidelines, or if it is deemed reasonably necessary by this site to protect the site, our legal rights and/or property;
- this site is purchased by a third party, in which case that third party will be able to use the data in the same manner as set forth in this policy. In the event you choose to use links displayed on this web site to visit other web sites, you are advised to read the privacy policies published on those sites.
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to this site. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on this website.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we may collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
- browser type, version and language, operating system;
- pages viewed while browsing the Site;
- page access times and referring website address.
This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of assessing visitor traffic, trends to help us deliver a better website and content.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Sharing of your personal information
We do not share any of your personal information other than what is provided for under our terms and conditions for the purposes of house sitters and house owners getting in contact with each other and this is done with your consent.
We might not allow persons who are aged eighteen or younger to become members of this site. For more information, please contact our site administrator.
Editing or deleting your account information
You are provided with the ability to edit the information stored for your user account information during registration, by visiting your user account control panel. You can request that your user account be deleted; to do so, please contact the site administrator. Content or other data that you may have provided, and that is not stored within your user account, such as articles published, may continue to remain on the site at the site editor's discretion, even after your user account is deleted. Please see the site's Terms and conditions for more information.
Changes may be made to this policy from time to time. You will be notified of substantial changes to this policy either through the posting of a prominent announcement on the site, and/or by a mail message sent to the e-mail address you have provided, which is stored within your user settings.
If you have any questions about this policy or about this web site, please feel free to contact the site administrator.