Responsible & petloving pairID: h3t
Is / are:
|36 to 45|
|Teacher and IT professional|
|VIC (full regions list)|
More information about this house sitterWe are a friendly, non-smoking couple who have been travelling and petsitting for over five years and really love it. We have both grown up with dogs and cats (and a guinea pig and rabbit, though that was a long time ago!) We really want our own dog now that we have arrived back in Melbourne! I have taught secondary English for many years and Wayne organises IT for a Cancer charity. I am Australian and my husband is South African and we got married in 2013. We love looking after pets and your pets will be loved and cared for as though they were our own.
I also enjoy photography and like to practise on your pets!
Both Wayne and I have grown up with pets. I had two cats and a dog for many years and Wayne had many dogs. Between us - a standard poodle, a bull terrier/kelpie, and a lovely pavement special and others! We have rented for many years and have been responsible tenants. We have both dealt with various household issues quickly and responsibly. We have both done housesitting in our own countries and would care for your home and pets as though they were our own; that is a guarantee. We take our responsibilities in petsitting very seriously and aim to make your pets as happy and settled as possible.
- a 400 year old farmhouse in France with a Belgian Shepherd
- looking after three dogs at a boutique hostel in Santorini for two months, maintaining the condition of the rooms over the closed winter period, making sure that the large property was ready for the opening season.
- being off-grid in Pokhara, Nepal, making sure that the dog was safe from wild animals (yes!), and house was well-maintained during the crazy monsoon season
- a blind dog in Chiang Mai
- many different dog breeds, from Dalmatians to a dingo, from British bulldogs to whippets
- different breeds of cats, including a sphynx cat
- many rescue animals
- lots of chickens and geese
- Wayne is pretty good around the house, and has been known to fix curtains and little things where he can
GIVING MEDICATION - we have had experience with a diabetic dog and are able to give injections and oral medication
POLICE CHECKS - Being a teacher, I must always have an up-to-date Police Check. I have an International Child Protection Certificate and also teacher registration in Victoria and Queensland, both requiring separate police checks. I've got quite a few now! All verification can be provided on request.
We are tidy, resourceful, self-sufficient people, and understand the trust put in us when looking after your home and beloved pets. We don't take that lightly! We take our responsibilities at your place very seriously, respecting your guidelines, any training you have done with your pets, and also your privacy. We want you to have complete peace of mind and enjoy your holiday!