Riley - Canadian CaretakerID: 12i4
Is / are:
|26 to 35|
|ACT NSW QLD TAS VIC (full regions list)|
More information about this house sitterI'm a non-smoking self-emplyed consultant spending some time in Australia after completing my Masters degree in Toronto. I work remotely, so if need be, I'm able to work from home all day and keep your pets company!
In the past few years, I've taken care of pets in San Francisco the Caribbean, and Australia, and have also traveled to Peru, France, Switzerland, Japan, and Hong Kong. I'm excited to meet some Australian animals on my new journey!
I moved out of my family's home in Southern California when I was 17 to start a new life in Toronto, and for the past ten years, I've been independent and self-sufficient. My current work focuses on strategy consulting and how we will live in cities in the future, and I've previously worked for a politician in Toronto. A highlight of my career so far was presenting my work as part of an exhibit put on by UNESCO.
I've spent most of my life surrounded by animals and I'm an animal lover through-and-through - your pets will never be short of attention or affection. I like to use housesitting while I'm abroad because it allows me to have the love and responsibility of a pet, which helps me feel more grounded and at home - spending time with a friendly furry face when I'm in a new environment is always a comforting feeling. Although I'm new to this platform, I'm a member of other housesitting platforms (TrustedHouseSitters, Rover, and Nomador), and have previously worked as a paid housesitter. In 2017, I also helped evacuate about 200 cats and dogs from the island of Sint Maarten after Hurricane Irma in 2017.
I'm also a proud cat mom to a four-year-old angel named Franklin, who now lives with my mother (she fell in love and refused to give him back). In the past, I've had housesitters stay in my apartment to watch Franklin, so I understand that it can be a big deal to have a "stranger" living in your home. My main priority in any housesit is to ensure that you feel at ease and can enjoy your trip or time away from home without having to worry about your home. I also always ensure that you have a comfortable return - with everything in its place, sheets and towels washed, and a fresh supply of anything that might be running low (I will never leave you low on toilet paper and I've been known to stock the fridge with your grocery list for your return!).
What you can expect from me:
- Your pets are cared for according to their normal routine and any related tasks (for example, litter box emptying) are taken care of.
- Your home will be maintained and cleaned regularly and you will return to a home in the condition you left it in, or better (I understand that sometimes it's difficult to tidy up when you're rushing out the door for a trip, and I want to make sure you come home to a shiny clean home).
- Mail will be collected every day and garbage bins will be taken in and out as needed.
- I'm happy to water your plants or maintain your garden as needed.
- In the past, I've also worked with some homeowners to create a care and communication plan so I know how often you want to be contacted (do you want daily photos of your fur baby or to only be contacted in the case of emergencies) and you can rest assured that I'm able to take care of your pet and home exactly how you want. This takes the form of a shared document so we can both be sure we're on the same page.
I'd love to hear more about your pet, the quirks that make them special, and what you're looking for from a sitter. I'm also happy to provide references from previous sits or schedule a Skype call so you can get to know me better, and I can get to know you and your pets better.