Rob and Kate HainesID: ubr
Is / are:
|All Australia (full regions list)|
5 Jul 30 Sep 1 Dec 31 Jan'20
More InformationRob retired in 2015 and, during 2016, we spent over 6 months enjoying house sitting in both Australia (Sydney, Perth and Melbourne) and in the UK (Near London, West Country, Yorkshire and Wales). Since September 2018, we have been travelling and house-sitting around Australia and are now back to the UK where are again house-sitting, before returning to Australia at the very start of October.
We have now undertaken 18 house-sits (one twice) and looked after 28 dogs, 10 cats, 7 horses, 30 chickens, 3 pigs and a blue tongue lizard during this time in houses and on farms. All dogs have been regularly exercised at least twice a day and in addition we have kept an eye on 4 cows/calves and 4 sheep. Some of the animals were rescues with particular needs that we catered for. We have had a fantastic time and it is always a wrench when we move on at the end of a stay.
Until recently we have always had pets in our home: - dogs, cats, mainly, but other animals the children brought home and became part of the family. In fact, we often now take our son's dog to give it respite from the young grand-children. Consequently, we would be very happy to give your pets the loving care and attention they need in your absence. We both love the garden, so will be pleased to look after yours for you and mow the grass if required. We are caring responsible people and having owned units and houses for 40 years, and will respect your home as our own.
Rob is a Rotarian and has been assisting and arranging community projects in Sydney/ Melbourne and other countries for the past 20 years, and Kate (Kathy) has undertaken voluntary work with children recently in Thailand. Having been a Strata Manager for 8 years, Rob would be able to arrange for work to be undertaken in an emergency but would only do this after first consulting and agreeing with the owners who we would consult as much as they request.
During 2017 and early 2018, we were based at home in Australia undertaking various projects and are house-sitting again.
5 Star References submitted to other house-sit organisations by the owners with Police Checks are attached. House-sits have been:-
* Jan - May/Jun 2016 - 46 Days - 100 Acre Farm in Perth Hills, WA - 2 Dogs, 3 Chicken
* Ula - Jul 2016 - 26 Days - 20 Acre Farm at Back of Dandenongs, Vic, Aus - 3 Dogs (2 Rescue), 7 Horses (most Rescue)
* Francis - Aug & Nov 2016 - 8 & 19 Days - House in Weston-Super-Mare, Nr. Bristol, UK - 2 Tonkinese Cats.
* Steve and Tricia - Sep 2016 - 15 Days - House near Reading, UK - 2 Cocker Spaniels (Rescue)
* William- Sep 2016 - 11 Days - Farm House in Pickering, Yorkshire, UK - 1 Working Cocker Spaniel
* Kerry and John - Oct 2016 - 17 Days - Farm House in Mid-Wales, UK - 3 Dogs, 2 Cats, 13 Chickens
* Tee - Dec 2017 - 7 days - House in Clifton Hill, Melbourne, Vic, Aus - 1 Cat
* Somone - Dec/Jan 2017/18 - 6 days - House in Camberwell, Melbourne, Vic, Aus - Very Young Puppy & Cat
* Michael - Sep /Oct 2018 - 29 Days - House in Narre Warren, Melbourne, Vic, Aus - 1 Dog
* John - Nov 2018 - 15 Days - House in Quinns Rocks, Perth, WA, Aus - 3 Dogs
* Hannah - Dec 2018 - 20 Days - House in Scarborough, Perth, WA, Aus - 1 Black Labrador
* Ilena - Dec/Jan 2018/19 - 36 Days - House in Doubleview, Perth, WA, Aus - No animals
* Neil & Jan - Mar 2019 - 12 Days - House in Rothwell, Brisbane, Qld, Aus - 1 Cat
* Clare - Mar/Apr 2019 - 28 Days - House in Woody Point, Brisbane, Qld, Aus - 1 Blue Healer/ Dalmation Cross
* Leanne - Apr 2019 - 8 Days - House near Tamborine Mountain, Gold Coast, Qld, Aus - 2 Small Terriers, 6 Chicken & 1 Blue Tongue Lizard
* Rachael - May 2019 - 27 Days - House near Bradford-on-Avon, Wilts, UK. - 1 Cat
* Geraldine – Jun/Jul 2019 – 9 Days – House near Guildford, UK – 3 Black Labradors, 3 Pigs and 5 Chicken.
* Lucinda – July 2019 – 19 Days - House near Pewsey, Wilts, UK – 3 Dogs, 2 Cats and 3 Chickens.
We are currently house-sitting two spaniels near Oxford.
We also have a house-sit booked in Kingston-on-Thames before the end of Sep 19, when we return to Australia.