Rob and Kate HainesID: ubr
Is / are:
|All Australia (full regions list)|
More InformationRob retired in 2015 and, during 2016, we spent over 6 months enjoying house sitting in both Australia (Sydney, Perth and Melbourne) and in the UK (Near London, West Country, Yorkshire and Wales). We have undertaken 10 house-sits (one twice) and looked after 13 dogs, 6 cats, 7 horses and 16 chickens during this time in houses and on farms. All dogs were regularly exercised at least twice a day and in addition we kept an eye on 4 cows/calves and 4 sheep. Some of the animals were rescues with particular needs that we catered for. We have had a fantastic time and it is always a wrench when we move on at the end of a stay.
Until very recently we have always had pets in our home: - dogs, cats, mainly, but other animals the children brought home and became part of the family. In fact, we often now take our son's dog to give it respite from the young grand-children. Consequently, we would be very happy to give your pets the loving care and attention they need in your absence. We both love the garden, so will be pleased to look after yours for you and mow the grass if required. We are caring responsible people and having owned units and houses for 40 years, will respect your home as our own.
Rob is a Rotarian and has been assisting and arranging community projects in Sydney/ Melbourne and other countries for the past 20 years, and Kate (Kathy) has undertaken voluntary work with children recently in Thailand. Having been a Strata Manager for 8 years, Rob would be able to arrange for work to be undertaken in an emergency but would only do this after first consulting and agreeing with the owners who we would consult as much as they request.
During 2017 and early 2018, we have been based at home undertaking various projects and are housesitting again.
In October 2018, we went back to Melbourne and sat. We have been in Perth from early November and will around there until late February where we have been house-sitting and also staying with our daughter.
We will be returning to Sydney and then travelling up to Queensland and are housesitting in Woody Point, NE of Brisbane from 20 March to 19 April.
We are planning to stay in SE Australia before travelling back to the UK to housesit and see family.
References submitted to other house-sit organisation by the owners (with 5 Star Rating) and Police Checks are attached. House-sits in order of occurrences are:-
* Jan - May/Jun 2016 - 46 Days - 100 Acre Farm in Perth Hills, WA - 2 Dogs, 3 Chicken
* Ula - Jul 2016 - 26 Days - 20 Acre Farm at Back of Dandenongs, Vic - 3 Dogs (2 Rescue), 7 Horses (most Rescue)
* Francis - Aug & Nov 2016 - 8 & 19 Days - House in Weston-Super-Mare, Nr. Bristol, UK - 2 Tonkinese Cats.
* Steve and Tricia - Sep 2016 - 15 Days - House near Reading, UK - 2 Cocker Spaniels (Rescue)
* William- Sep 2016 - 11 Days - Farm House in , Pickering, Yorkshire, UK - 1 Working Cocker Spaniel
* Kerry and John - Oct 2016 - 17 Days - Farm House in Mid-Wales, UK - 3 Dogs, 2 Cats, 13 Chickens
* Tee - Dec 2017 - 7 days - House in Clifton Hill, Melbourne, Vic - 1 Cat
* Somone - Dec/Jan 2017/18 - 6 days - House in Camberwell, Melbourne, Vic - Very Young Puppy & Cat
* Michael - Sep/Oct 2018 - 29 Days - House in Narre Warren, Melbourne, Vic - Red Healer Dog
* John - Nov 2018 - 20 days - House in Quinns Rocks, Perth, WA - 3 Smallish Dogs (this organisation)
* Hannah - Dec 2018 - 20 Days - House in Scarborough, Perth, WA - Black Labrador (awaiting reference)