Our dogs are more than companions, they are our fitness motivators, our stress relievers, our confidants and our best friends.
For many of us, our dogs have a special place in our hearts and what better way to celebrate this bond and friendship than with a cake!
Whether it’s your dog’s birthday, adoption day or just because, setting aside some time to celebrate the bond we share with our pets is a great way to show you care. Here’s an easy dog birthday cake recipe that Gina at PawLife made for her dog, Harley, that is loaded with doggy goodness. It’s a cake we’re sure your dog will enjoy devouring!
Easy Dog Birthday Cake Recipe
- 1 apple
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Dog chocolate
- ¼ cup Ricotta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees fan forced
- Peel and finely chop apple, place in boiling water. Boil until apple is soft.
- Drain apple and mash. Use a paper towel to soak up excess juice.
- In a mixing bowl add wholemeal flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl beat egg and add the honey, coconut oil and vegetable oil, mix well.
- Add all ingredients together adding water if needed to make the mixture into a batter like texture.
- Pour mixture into a greased cake pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Melt dog chocolate by boiling some water in a saucepan and placing a heat proof plate over saucepan.
- Spread melted chocolate in between layers of cake or decorate as you like.
- Place a small amount of ricotta in a piping bag and outline the cake.